Thursday, August 2, 2012

37 Week Appointment

37 Weeks...measuring over 39 Weeks
Yesterday I had my 37 week check up.  Once again, all is well.  This time, I saw Dr. Crawford.  He cracks me up!  After pressing on my belly and listening to the baby's heartbeat, he predicted we were having a big baby boy.  He said he thought baby Luther would weigh around 9 pounds.  Then he checked me...I am still at 2 cm and 50%.  He said he was hoping I would be at 3 or 4 cm and ready to deliver.  And, I think he was most impressed that I am still able to shave my legs...it has become difficult with the big belly... (which I do daily and year round...I do not like to be prickly!).  None the less, everything at the appointment went great.  If I don't deliver between now and next Thursday, I am going to talk to Dr. Johnston about inducing labor.  I am not sleeping well at night due to plain ole discomfort.  I am waking up very early...like 3:30 AM and unable to go back to sleep.  And, I am just not comfortable.  I am huge and just not use to carrying around all this weight (and my blood pressure was still a little on the high side...I think it is because I am so large).  We are all so excited about baby Luther's arrival.....any day now! 

1 comment: