Sunday, August 5, 2012

38 Weeks

I am now 38 weeks pregnant.  I am totally shocked that I have made it this far.  Tomorrow, August 6th is the big day.  We are to be at the hospital at 5 AM, and I am being induced.  I really wanted Jennie Beth Johnston to deliver baby Luther, and her days at the hospital are tomorrow and Tuesday.  And, I really did not want baby Luther and Kathryn to share a birthday, so this is working out great all around.  I have so many mixed emotions right now.  I am SOOOOO excited to meet baby Luther.  I am mostly excited about this pregnancy being over...however, this is a bitter sweetness.  There are some things I will miss about being pregnant.  And, while it feels so great to know that we are done having children, at the same time it is a little sad to know that I will never be pregnant again.  Like I said...bittersweet.  And, I have been a little bit emotional all day long about this being our last day as a family of 3 (or family of 4 including Bailey).  I know Kathryn will be so excited about the baby, but again, I have just been a little torn about it being our final day with her as our only child.  Again...such mixed emotions...darn hormones!  Kathryn has gone to Mimi and Papa's to stay the night, so Kyle and I enjoyed a dinner out just the two of us at Outback (my choice, I really wanted a Bloomin' Onion).  Now we are home.  We plan to watch a movie and then hopefully get a good night's sleep.  However, I am betting that neither one of us sleeps at all.  We are both so excited and nervous about what tomorrow holds.  None the less, we are packed up and ready for the big day!  We can't wait to hold and love on you baby Luther!!!!!
38 Weeks
Big Belly!

Last night as a family of three
Or...Last night as a family of four


No comments:

Post a Comment