Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Tongue Clipping Success!

On Tuesday, August 21st, Kaden had an appointment with the ENT to look at his tongue.  I noticed right after birth that he was "tied" pretty tight.  Tongue tying can be hereditary, and it stands to reason in this case...I had my tongue clipped as an infant, and Kathryn had hers clipped at 3 weeks old.  After the doctor looked at it, he confirmed that he was tied and needed to be clipped.  First the doctor sprayed some numbing spray under Kaden's tongue.  Kaden didn't seem to mind this.  Then, the doctor had to do two cuts.  I was so proud, Kaden never even cried.  It bled for a minute or two, and then we were free to go.  Since I had already experienced this previously with Kathryn, I was not nervous or anxious.  Before leaving the office, the doctor informed me that in all his times of clipping infant tongues, this was the first time he could ever remember the baby not crying.  Again, I was just proud of my tough, sweet boy!  After this appointment, we went to visit Daddy at work.  We wanted his co-workers to be able to meet our newest addition.  Then we ran a couple of errands and afterwards came home.  Kaden was great while we were out and about.  He really is such a good baby!!!!!
On our way to the ENT appointment
Back home after his tongue clipping and looking content
My sweet baby boy
Sleeping good...when the arms are up, you know he is in a deep sleep
Just being cute!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment